Magply is designed for direct render applications to form the external façades of commercial and domestic properties which utilise hybrid frames structures.
Available in 9mm & 12mm, Magply offers the perfect substrate board for acrylic and cementitious render in external locations and is suitable for steel frame and timber frame construction.
Magply is a high strength board manufactured using inorganic substances and reinforcement meshes which provide excellent dimensional stability.
Magply is A1 Non-combustible offering excellent fire resistance and is resistant to frost, moisture and impact and has been tested for use with a variety of render systems.
- Internal Finish
- Insulation between Timber Frame
- 9mm Magply/Manufacturers board finish
- Breather Membrane
- Vertical batten (min. 25mm)
- Magply 12mm board (render to manufacturers recommended thickness)
- Base Coat
- Exterior Finish
- Insect Mesh
- Internal Finish (Magply or Plasterboard)
- Steel Frame (SFS by others)
- Insulation eg. Black Mountain
- Magply 9mm Sheathing Board
- Render board support rail
- Acrylic Render System
Please consult with IPP for details on fixings.
Width (mm): 1200
Length (mm): 2400, 2700, 3050, 2440
Weight (kg.m2): 9.94
Weight per board: 28, 32, 36.4, 29
Surface m2: 2.88, 3.24, 3.66, 2.98
Width (mm): 1200
Length (mm): 800, 2400
Weight (kg.m2): 13.19
Weight per board: 13, 38
Surface m2: 0.96, 2.88
Fire Classification: Class 0 Euroclass EN13501* A1 (Non-Combustible)
Reaction to Fire: Passed BS EN 1716 Reaction to Fire* Passed
Appearance: Solid flat sheet board
Colour & Odour: White, Odourless Change of State None
Vapour Resistance: Vapour Resistance 0.31 MNs/g (EN ISO 12572*)
Melting point: Melting point: 2400°C
Vapour pressure: EN ISO 12572: 2016 = 0.31 MNs.g-1.
pH level: pH level: 7.5
Solubility: Solubility: Insoluble in Water
Acoustic: 9mm Rw 28dB 12mm Rw 29dB 20mm Rw 31dB EN ISO 717-1:2013
Important guidance notes for installer
- Minimum 25mm batten fixed at maximum 600mm centres. Fixings set at 300mm centres, guidance must be taken from the architect or engineer.
- Minimum 25mm continuous cavity behind the board top to bottom finishing 150mm from ground level and 5mm from top soffit.
- Boards should be mechanically fixed minimum 38mm for 9mm and 42mm for 12mm. Guidance should be taken for the architect or engineer.
- Boards should be staggered and always render on the course side of the board.
- Always screw Magply at least 15mm in from the edge of the board.
- A layer of DPC is recommended on the face of the batten behind the board.
- Air flow should be specific around windows and doors.
- Ensure the board is free from all debris and dry before applying render.
- The final installation drawing should always come from your structural engineer or architect.